Safeguarding the well-being of our pupils is of the utmost importance. At Limavady Grammar School, we believe that it is the basic right of all children to receive their education in a protective and caring environment, free from humiliation, oppression and abuse in all of its forms: emotional, sexual, physical, neglect and exploitation, and that the welfare of the child is paramount.
Our Child Protection Policy aims to support the child’s development in ways which will foster security, confidence and independence. It is central to the well-being of the pupils and is seen as an intrinsic part of all aspects of the curriculum. It also reflects our school ethos of learning, caring and preparing for life.
The Safeguarding Team is made up of the following key stakeholders:
- Chairman of the Board of Governors: Mr G Hill
- Designated Governor for Child Protection: Dr P Finlay
- Principal: Mrs N Madden
- Vice Principal (Pastoral): Mr C O’Donnell
- Designated Teacher for Child Protection: Mr C Little
- Deputy Designated Teachers:
- Miss M Doherty
- Mrs L McFarland
- Mrs L Steen