Extra Curricular Activities Virtual Tour
4 Rugby pitches
4 Tennis courts
2 Cricket pitches
2 Cricket practice mats
5 Computer suites
90 Pupil iPads
Clubs and Societies
Our school has the following facilities which are widely used for extra-curricular activities:
- A well-equipped Music Department consisting of two large teaching rooms and two large and several smaller practice rooms. Two of the smaller practice rooms are equipped as state of the art recording studios with all ten rooms wired as remote recording spaces. One of the teaching rooms has recently been equipped as an iMac suite with fourteen networked workstations.
- A vibrant Art Department with two large, open classrooms, with display boards, projector and whiteboard and touchscreen TV board, 6th form studio, 6 iMacs, SLR film cameras and ceramic studio with 2 kilns and 2 throwing wheels.
- A recently refurbished stage in our main assembly hall which is used for large-scale school drama productions and music concerts.
- Extensive sporting facilities surrounding the school building, which include a state of the art hockey astroturf pitch, a 3G pitch for hockey or football, a grass football pitch, 4 rugby pitches, 4 tennis courts, 2 cricket pitches an athletics field & track areas, an indoor gym which includes cardio, free weights, and resistance machines, a large sports hall that includes a netball and basketball court, 4 badminton courts and a volleyball court and a separate assembly hall used for dance and gymnastics.
- The Roe Valley Leisure Centre is just a short walk from our school and we regularly use its facilities for swimming and additional facilities for Senior Games.
When it comes to extra-curricular activities, LGS has it all! For those who are sporty, there's rugby, football, and athletics, for the creative amongst you, there's the band and school shows and, if you're adventurous, then the Duke of Ed is for you! You may even be able to go on the French Exchange and embrace new cultures in a once in a lifetime opportunity. From my involvement in all these activities and more I can ensure that if you want to make new friends, learn new skills, and have fun whilst doing it, LGS is the school for you!
During my time at LGS I have participated in a wide variety of activities, there’s most certainly something for everyone! I have pursued my passion for music through attending String Orchestra, Traditional Group, Choir and Ukulele Orchestra, as well as being a member of the chorus in two school shows. A few other highlights have been completing my Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award and taking part in the Middle School French Exchange. These have been incredible experiences and a fantastic opportunity to make new friends!