The origins of Limavady Grammar School can be traced back to a late nineteenth century foundation. In 1957, it was moved to the present magnificent site on the Ballyquin Road. A major extension took place in 1982 when new Science labs and a Sports Hall were built. A second extension comprising twenty-two classrooms including three Information Technology rooms is now completed.
We pride ourselves on our fine facilities. Our buildings are second to none in Northern Ireland, and our resources in science and technology, music, physical education and information technology represent the 'state of the art.'
We have a highly qualified and motivated staff who ensure that all that is best in the traditional philosopy of education in Ulster is fused with the current requirements of the Northern Ireland Curriculum to produce a broad, balanced, coherent and relevant curriculum. We have a strong pastoral care system, based on form tutor and Year Heads, and pupils should always feel that they have someone to turn to if they have difficulties. This leads to a pleasant and relaxed community spirit where discipline problems are few. A clear reporting system has been developed and is constantly reviewed so that parents are regularly informed of progress and attitude.
Our achievements are well-known in the academic sphere as well as on the sporting field and in the area of the performing arts. Our GCSE and A-level successes have been widely recognised and these, coupled with expert careers guidance, have ensured that those leaving us are well-equipped for the world of work and of higher education.